Electronic portfolios: Blogs

“We do not learn from experience…we learn from reflecting on experience.” ~~Dewey

Can a blog be used as a portfolio? Definitely! What better way to document your work as a student? Recording your activities in English, history, science, math, physical education or all academic courses is an excellent way to monitor improvement. It gives you an idea of how you’re performing in a particular course.

You can work on a growth or showcase portfolio. The growth portfolio documents your progress and the showcase portfolio shows off your best work. You might also have a combination of both. It will all boil down to your basic purpose.  As a documentation of your progress, it may include drafts of earlier projects or activities. Using the medium of a blog to electronically store your work will help you visualize your efforts.

What would you like to include in your portfolio? What activities have you done well and would like to show off? What photos would you select that demonstrate your academic skills? Do you have a video of a presentation you made recently that you think might be added to your portfolio?

Whether as a requirement for a course or for your CV  or résumé, a blog portfolio might prove to be a valuable asset. ~~LMM

Check out this video: ePortfolio

print

2 thoughts on “Electronic portfolios: Blogs

1. I love this class so much. I need to admit that on the beginnig it didn’t made me so happy. But now I like it a lot. I like this theme about using a blog as portfolio. I’m really exited to see what the year is going to bring on this class.

2. I agree with Adri07 that in the beginning it wasn’t so motivating to do a blog. To be honest I just joined the class thinking that it was about general technology, not Blogging, but I have to admit it was worth it. I misunderstood the purpose of the blog portfolio, but now that I’m working better with it I’m getting the hang of it. The next semester I will master my skills and improve my way of showing others how is my progress on chemistry course going. I promise you teacher that I will do my best, or die trying. No but seriously thanks for showing us the importance of an e Portfolio, now we can show the best of us. In my case, the best of what I can do in the chemistry course. But next semester.