Third Trimester and Group Work on Animal Farm: English 10 Advanced Level

Students:

Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays with family and friends whatever the scenario. Are you looking forward to the New Year? I should think so because the old one sure took a toll on us!

I’ve been working on and revising the evaluation plan for the third trimester. I’ll review it with the class as soon as possible.

We’ll begin working with Animal Farm when we meet next week.  The class will be divided into groups of three to work on Chapters II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX. I will work on Chapter X like I did with the first chapter.  I’m working on the rubric to evaluate this group work.

This will be Assessment #14 for the school year. Assessment #16 will be your participation in Literature Night (which has been planned for February the 9th).  Remember that I mentioned preparing a board game based on Animal Farm? That activity may be considered as participation for the event.

Group work on Animal Farm will consist of preparing an exercise/activity for each of the following:

• comprehension
  • vocabulary
  • grammar
  • interactive (This could be a game in which the entire class participates).

How the content of the chapter is presented will be up to the group. Matching exercises, quizzes, guessing correct items, a discussion panel, a short, original video, and any others that the group thinks of will be examined.  The final product should take up about half the class period or no more than 50 minutes. Creativity and imagination will not be evaluated by me. However, if the class decides to evaluate this part it will be based on a consensus and it will be a bonus for the group with 5 points being the maximum allowed.

Note: Assessment #14 is a group grade but this grade will depend largely on a 5th part that includes a reflection on the group work.

Best wishes to all for a great New Year! See you soon! ~~LMMolina

Last day of the year 2017: Me busy posting on my blogs and loving it!

Check out my posts on other English-related blogs:

2017-2018: A Challenging First Semester

https://lmmolinamoviesandfilms.wordpress.com/2017/12/31/despicable-me-3-the-lego-ninjaga-movie-its-all-about-the-family/

print