Misunderstandings and their Consequences

In the lovers’ tale of Pyramus and Thisbe and “from A Midsummer Night’s Dream” which we began reading in the previous class, the focus seems to be on misunderstandings and what can happen as a result.

Have you or someone you know ever misunderstood something and realized too late what was really meant? What happened? Was there confusion? Did the message get mixed up with something else? What were the results of that misunderstanding? Were the consequences serious or were they just silly and made you laugh?

Sometimes we don’t take the time to listen to others and we end up looking like fools. Do you agree? ~~~LMM

print

14 thoughts on “Misunderstandings and their Consequences

1. Yes I have meet someone that has misunderstood something I said. My best friend and I we were invited to a party. The party dress code was blue and yellow. But my best friend understood orange and blue. When I saw her she was dressed up with this orange neon shirt and blue pants. When I saw her I started to laugh because she would not get lost in the party with that neon shirt. When we got there she looked at me straight In the eyes and told me “what have I done” and I started to laugh with her.But beside all that happened we still got to the party and had a lot of fun .

2. If i’ve know several people. One was when we were with my dad that my cousin told him to say something to her grandmother and my cousin got it wrong and when he went to where she told another thing. The confusion was that my dad had thought she given him the mssage to grandma well. All who were in the car we thought she had misunderstood. When grandma tells us what she had said all we laugh because we take the message she sent him was funny.

3. once my mom told my brother and me to go to the gas station and fill 15 dollars and the rest would use it to buy something to eat and we understood her badly and we take all the money on gasoline and do not buy food. The conclusion was that we did not have to fill again the car because it was full and however we went to eat and at first my mom was a bit mad but after we laughed a lot of what we had done.

4. Misunderstandings happen all the time. When people aren’t aware of what happened until it’s too late, the result may not be pleasant. Sometimes, you may just laugh at it as well and move on. Even if the end is not too bad, it is best to avoid these situations as much as possible.
    There have been times when I have misunderstood things and try to laugh it off, it doesn’t always work though…
    I don’t recall any specific moment like this but im sure it has happened.

5. I remember when I was little I had a misunderstanding with one of my best friends. We were playing hide and seek and some other kids took his bike while he was counting and I was hiding. The problem was that he thought I did it and he did not believe me when I said I did not take it. He called his dad and his dad came to my house and started to scream and at the end the other kids came foward and said they did it. Unfortunatly we have not spoken since.

6. Yes I had a misunderstanding, with mi parents. The problem was that my dad tell me to take copies of a project and I didn’t took atention of him. When I was taking the copies I paid 30 dollars for thes copies. When I delliver the copies to my dad he just stared at me and said didn’t you paid atention to me? He was mad and disappointed, that’s why you have to listen to them.

7. A person warned me but he was too indirect, he said something about filling a paper. I got confused and thought it was a form about the students information. I wasn’t alone at the time. The person I was with asked me what he said and I said exactly the opposite that I thought and said that it is some kind of school work. When the bell rang and I went to the classroom, i see the teacher giving out exams. It was pretty funny because I knew about it all along and studied for it.

8. Misunderstandings are a thing of nature. Sometimes you do something with such persistence that you’re going to end up failing. Sometimes when I have a misunderstanding I try to be the one that makes sense, but that sometimes end up failing. After the misunderstanding I just shrug it off like it didn’t happen, but sometimes it can be a little bit embarrassing.

9. I don’t think misunderstandings should happen because we are the “smartest” beings on the planet. I think that we can’t control when we misunderstand. When we misunderstand someone it might be because they’re being too sophisticated or they can’t express themselves well or we just can’t understand for unknown reasons. I don’t believe i’ve had a misunderstanding but if I did I would try to clarify it as fast as possible. I think they can be avoided if tackled as fast as possible

10. So far I’ve read some interesting viewpoints on misunderstandings. We’re all agreed that we must listen carefully to what others say! I would add that body language can also help us to get a better idea of what others want to communicate.

11. When I was little I disliked a girl and I said to a friend. This friend of mine told to everyone. It turned out that people also fell ill that girl. My friend who I will told that, made a circle in the courtyard and made everyone told the girl that they were falling too bad her. And at the end when we were called to the office, my friend said it was my fault. I felt like the worst thing in the world and i was crying all day. After we forgive, but the girl followed me keeping grudges.

12. When I was little my cousins ​​and I were at my grandmother’s house. We were playing hide and seek. One of my cousins ​​was counting. When she finished counting she began to fetch. She had a broomstick on her hands. In the garage there was a speaker she started running with the broomstick and she hit the speaker. I was trying to help her when my grandmother came out and she saw me. She thought that I did it. She was mad at me but later my cousin told her that she did it and my grandmother told me that she was sorry and I told her that it was okay.

13. Yes I have mis understood something. It was some messages from a friend of mine to my mother. But I decided to talk with her and she explain to me everything. I think you can resolve anything talking. Is the best way. I have a friend the same thing happened. But it was worse, and she resolved things talking too. We have to take time to listen to people and misunderstandings won’t happen.

14. Yes it has happened to me and people I know. The misunderstanding in my case has never been too serious. I have not had one in quite a long time so i cant remember but the conclusions were never too serious all doe sometimes i would get grounded. At the end we always end up clearing things up and go back to our normal lives.