Seasons: Enjoying the change

“Good seasons start with good beginnings.” ~~Sparky Anderson

The narrator  in “On Summer” didn’t enjoy the summer but was able to look at in a new light after her experiences.

Even though we don’t feel the change in the seasons living on a tropical island, we do notice a slight change as the seasons pass. Which season do you like best and why? What activities do you enjoy during this season? Who do you spend time with during this time of year? If you had the opportunity to live in a country where the seasons are more marked, which would you choose and why? ~~LMM

print

19 thoughts on “Seasons: Enjoying the change

1. The season that i like the best is winter. Here in Puerto Rico we don’t notice the change but some things are very notable. For examples some activities that I like are the “parrandas”, I do that with my family and my friends a lot. I spend a lot of time in my church, in all the activities. Is like the double the activities in winter. But I like being there because I spend a very good time with my close friends. I also spend time with my family. If I had the opportunity to live in a country where the seasons are more marked I would choose Canada, because is very beautiful see the seasons there.

2. Well I really love winter. Because the weather gets cold and I really like cold we get to put some boots and jackets, winter clothes. During this season I like to spend time with my family. And also winter time is christmas when I get to eat typical food of my country, decorate my house and the christmas tree. I will like to live in New York because I can enjoy winter and summer. Why summer? Because in july 18 is my birthday and I also like summer a little. I also will like to live there because if its get really cold you can see snow.

3. The season that I most like is the winter because that’s starting cold and the holidays. The activities I like to do is go home to various family and share with them. I mostly spend time with my family. Sometimes the family of the mother or the father’s family. I would like to live in New York because there are changes and I also like to go through the snow and the cold.

4. My overall favorite season is fall. In Puerto Rico we don’t notice much change in this season, but you can feel it. The temperature is in between hot and cold, and it rains a lot. I love when it rains, the sound of the raindrops relaxes me. If I would go to a place where the seasons changed, it would be Japan. I really wish to see the cherry blossoms when they are pink.

5. My favorite season would have to be either fall and winter. Through out both of them its cold and all family festivities start. In autumn, there’s Thanksgiving and in the winter, Christmas begins. One of the reasons I like both seasons is that I get to spend time with my family. We don’t really spend much time together in spring or summer but we always get together for winter festivities. If I had the opportunity to live somewhere in which the seasons are marked, I would pick any place in the oriental side of the world.

6. there are two seasons that I consider my favorites. I like autumn and winter. Autumn because sometimes the weather gets a cool temperature, a chilly weather. And on winter, because since the sun sets earlier, we have more “night time” but i like winter because i spend more time with my family than on fall. Part of my family spend time in Thanksgiving, but on winter i get to see my family in Christmas, New Year’s and Three King Day (Reyes Magos)

7. The season that I like the most is winter. I like winter because is more cold. The activities that I do with my family are make parties. Also we make typical food. I love to spend time with my family. If I had an opportunity to live in another country it will be Pennsylvania. I will like to live there because is a beautiful country. And because in winter there’s snow and is cold.

8. The season I like the most is winter. Activities that I would do first is throw me to the floor to make a star on the snow. Second play throwing snowballs with my friends and make snowmen. In this season I like to spend time with my family because it’s Christmas and it’s a beautiful time to spend with our family and friends. If I have the opportunity to live in a country I would like to go to Canada. Canada has many interesting and amazing historical sites and also the temperature is cold there and that’s the best part.

9. My favorite season of the year is summer, but I never felt the cold and winter. Maybe if someday I see snow or cold winter feel as change of opinion but in the meantime, the summer season will remain my favorite. The most I love to do in the summer is go to the beach and go to the pools. At that time of the year with one more step time is with my family. If I had the opportunity to live in a country where the seasons were more marked would choose any state in America that I feel in summer the heat and watch the snow of winter, but for anything in the world I change Puerto Rico from another country! If God put me in Puerto Rico was for something. Here I have to be.

10. My favorite season is summer. It’s summer because it’s the time to be free and relaxed, and we have no school and no responsibilities. I really enjoy that it’s hot and we can go to the beach or to the pool. I always spend my summers with my sister in our grandmother’s house. I would live in Miami, because summer is very hot and relaxing over there, plus, you can meet a lot of people in Miami.

11. My favorite season is winter I love this season because you get to drink hot chocolate, spend time with my family and friends, the weather is cozy to me and of course Christmas. During this time of the year I am mostly with my family. It is amazing because even in the tropical island we live in you can see the change in weather and even on the people…everybody is getting ready to decorate for Christmas and everybody is united as a society. I would love to live in New York specially on this time of the year because the leaves are falling, the coats are out and everybody is in the spirit.

12. The best seasons of the year for me are winter and summer, because we don’t have school. In winter I enjoy doing nothing, that’s the best. On summer I enjoy when me, my family and my teammates travel to places to play and represent Puerto Rico, that’s every summer beginning this year. I spend all my winters with my family and my summers with my teammates and family. If I have the opportunity to go to a country were the seasons are more marked on summer would be Spain because soccer is the first sport there and they really celebrate Christmas and in winter would be any state from United States

13. My favorite season is winter. I am attracted to the cold and I enjoy the snow. I like walking in spooky places while it’s cold because it gives you a extra shiver, literally.i usually spend winter with my mother or father. I would like to live in Alaska out in the bush living independently.

14. I like the summer season. The activities that a i do is going to the beach and going to the mall a lot. I spend time with my dad, mom, brother, cousin. If i have to chose the country I will like to visit is NY because I could see the statue of liberty.

15. The season of the year I like the most is Spring. In Spring we can go to hotels and pools. We can share time outdoors with family and friends. I would love to live in the United States because the seasons are more marked there. I would like to see snow, build a snowman, a snow angel and have a fight with snowballs.

16. I love Winter because it is colder and there are many holidays. I enjoy this time with my family. We visit my grandparents and spend Christmas and New Years even in their home. This is a tradition we have had since we were very little. I would like to live in Canada because of the marked changes in season. My grandmother once visited Canada and she said it was one of the most beautiful places she’s visited. I would like to see how life is in Canada.

17. My favorite season is summer because it’s very hot and i love heat. When i’m in summer time i feel like anything could happen. My favorite thing to do is go outside and start running around. When summer comes it’s like magic. If i could go to any place that i could see the change i would probably go to Italy, England, or Japan.

18. I don’t really have much of an opinion on the seasons here on the island. They all seem the same to me. During this winter there was a moment where i even thought it was summer. Though is feels like the same thing over and over again its not exactly boring either. Because of the tropical climate just about any time of the year is a good time to go out and explore or go to the beach, not that I actually do that but i gues some people enjoy that more than others. If i HAD to pick my favourite season… I guess it would be summer and winter. You dont have to deal with the stress that is school and you can do whatever you want. I can relax in a cave I call a room all day long without being bothered by people.
    If i were to move somewhere where the change in seasons are more prominent, it would be either the U.S. or Japan. In the U.S. The winters are colder and the good about the cold is that you can put a jacket on if it’s too much for you, and if its too hot, the hous’ airconditioner is turned on all the time because it can be. Over here the electricity costs too much to have the airconditioner on all the time, even more so because they are the “private” ones, which is one per room.
    I like Japan because in the spring you’d be able to see all the different trees spring to like, like the cherry blossoms. And the mountains look much more greener.
    Thinking it though, i like all the seasons equally i guess. They’re all different and each has its sets of pros and cons but in the end it just wouldn’t be the same without one of them.

19. I didn’t mention what activities I do with my family because honestly, we do the exact same thing over and over again without care for what season it is. If it were up to me I’d probably spend everyday in my room watching anime and reading manga and would probably only leave to get food. I mean, I guess I get dragged outside a lot but it’s usually just to go eat or watch a movie.
    If we go on vacation to the states, though we still spend a lot of time in the house, we go out to Disney so thats fun i guess…? I mean, we go to the beach too once in a while but it’s not very often and i dont really like the beach either so… Yeah.